-->

Friday, January 4, 2013

1825 Days and Still Counting


Today, the U.S. Supreme Court will consider Sibley v. District of Columbia Board of Elections and Ethics, Case No.: 12-467.  My Petition seeks review of the practice of the D.C. Court of Appeals of dismissing my suit before they allowed me to be heard on the Defendant's motion to dismiss.  No sense hearing the other side when you have already made up your mind!  Yet I have reason to believe they might not rule any time soon . . .

I have had a case, Sibley v. Alito et al, pending at the Supreme Court of the United States since January 4, 2008 -- some 1825 days.  I think that is the record for a case pending without resolution at the Supreme Court.  I have explained that case in detail before.

My point today is not the merits of that long pending case -- though I believe the case has great merit -- but rather how can a court refuse to decide a case for over five (5) years?  I fear the answer is that through the collusion of the executive and judicial branches -- with the paralyzed legislative branch out to lunch -- we now have a system that immunizes its actors from any consequence for misfeasance or malfeasance in office.  In my case, the Supremes can refuse to rule and there is no consequence.  So why would they rule when to do so in my case would expose the very hypocrisy of the judicial system and its actors?  They wouldn't and thus they don't.

Nice work if you can get it.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that Barack Obama will someday be regarded as one of the greatest con men of all time.

Post a Comment

Play nice!