-->

Friday, February 19, 2010

A North American Desaparecidos?

Desaparecidos is the Spanish word for "The Disappeared." For thousands of Argentine families, this word has become a symbol of a long harrowing nightmare. Between 1976 and 1983 - under military rule - thousands of people, most of them dissidents and innocent civilians unconnected with terrorism, were arrested in Argentina and then vanished without a trace.

Though I don't claim a fate as severe as those Argentines, the behavior of this government has similarities to that of the military junta which seized power in Argentina and went on a campaign to wipe out its opponents.

Clearly, I am an opponent of the Judicial Junta which has seized power in these United States and now that Judicial Junta is seeking to make me disappear too. Let me explain

First, readers will recall that I have had pending at the United States Supreme Court a petition for over two years. The public docket for that case - 07-6522 - reported that delay until recently. Now, that public docket has disappeared. See for yourself at the Supreme Court's website.

Likewise, I have recently began documenting my battles with the Florida Supreme Court. In particular, I had filed pleadings on January 19 and 26, 2010, regarding Governor Crist's much ballyhooed Statewide Grand Jury, as the Florida Supreme Court docket reflected. Yet now, that docket has been altered to make my pleadings disappear.

Making public records disappear is a great trick in this virtual world. For as Winston Churchill famously said: "History is written by the victors". Thus, I think it not so far-fetched to wonder if the Judicial Junta is trying to make me virtually disappear too.

1 comments:

Vicky Gallas said...

Montgomery,

Hmmm... disappearing files. Florida officials are better at disappearing the files than locating them. Government in the Sunshine, or the moonshine for some.... :-)

Post a Comment

Play nice!